COURSE OVERVIEW – The candidates for HEtech’s Crane Safety Program are individuals who wish to be apprentices in crane handling, crane maintenance personnel and current operators who have been trained by “field practices”, but not yet exposed to the formal side of crane subjects.
This program is designed to increase the crane, L&R safety knowledge, skill and proficiency level through classroom and hands-on training. Students can achieve qualified Crane Safety status by successfully completing written and hands-on segments.
ELIGIBILITY – Requirements for Certification
- Be at 18 years and above
- Certified Rigger level II certification
- Certified Mobile Crane Operator
- Diploma Engineering – any discipline e.g. Marine, Mechanical and Shipbuilding etc.
- Secondary school certificate or 2 years trade course with 1 years related experience
- 5 years Related experience- Oil & Gas, Shipyard, Ship as a crane apprentice
- Pass competency test e.g. written and practical examination
TOPICS COVERED –
- Establishing a Crane Safety and Lifting Program
- Mobile Cranes and Alternate Lifting Methods
- Rigging Awareness
- Site Preparation
- Preventing Crane and Lifting Accidents
- Regulations and Legal Aspects
LEARNING OBJECTIVES –
- Identify the elements of a site-specific crane safety plan
- Recommend best practices regarding management roles and responsibilities for crane safety on construction sites – from owner to subcontractor
Who Should take the Program – The Program is designed for Lifting Supervisor, lift planners, crane and rigging Engineers, Project engineer. Additionally, the Program is designed for engineers needing formal training for heavy crane, rigging and lifting activities.
This course is intended for construction engineers, supervisors, and owners, who want to learn more about crane safety on construction sites, and how to develop comprehensive crane safety plans that are both safety-program-compliant and project-specific. The goal of this training is to raise awareness of engineers’ and management’s roles, responsibilities, and influence about safety on the construction worksite – including crane safety. The ASCE/CI OSHA-sponsored Crane Safety Training course will prepare engineers and supervisors to utilize their management and technical training to implement safety as a core objective of the construction project. The program will also provide high-level technical background, legal and regulatory explanations; and expert guidance to deal effectively with all players on the project – owner to subcontractor – relative to crane operations.
CERTIFIED CRANE INSPECTOR EXAMINATIONS
Written examination – Written examination consists of 120 multiple questions. Candidates are allowed 90 minutes to complete the test.
Practical examination – The successful completion of Certified Mobile Crane Operator (Initial) practical Examination demonstrate a candidate’s Certified Mobile Crane Operator (Initial) competency.
GAIN FRO THIS COURSE – Certified Mobile Crane Operator (Initial), fundamental of Rigging and lifting. Critical lift, heavy lift, Specifically Crane Operator should be able to demonstrate or have knowledge of how to:
- Safety Items – OSHA/ANSI Standards
- Inspection Requirements
- Safety Procedures
- Inspection Components
- Mechanical Systems
- Structural Component’s Electrical, Hydraulic and Air Systems
- Hoist Systems
- Applicable State & Provincial Requirements
- State/Province-Specific Crane Inspection Requirements
- Regulations & Standards
- Become familiar with the different types of mobile cranes
- Cover hazards associated with crane operation and explain how the crane safety plan will minimize the risk of crane accidents
- Explore current regulations, standards and certification programs
CERTIFICATION OF TIME FRAMES – Candidates must pass both written & practical examinations to be certified for a One –year period. Any tests passed within a 6-months period towards certification.
RECERTIFICATION – HEtech certification is valid for one year. Candidates must complete all of their recertification requirements during the one month prior to their certifications. There is no grace period after certification has expired. Candidates whose certification has lapsed must take the full written & Practical examination to be certified again. The Certified Mobile Crane Inspector recertification written examination consists of 50 multiple- chose questions with a time limit of 40 minutes. There is no requirement for Practical Examination for recertification.
Maximum Participants – 10 Persons
Minimum Participants – 05 Persons
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hour
- Language Bangla & English
- Students 50
- Assessments Yes