Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis (IIRCA)
COURSE OVERVIEW – This training provides a general background in how investigation & Root Cause Analysis are performed. It explains the importance of near miss reporting and investigation as a proactive tool to control risk before losses/harm occur. This course is for anyone who needs a general understanding of investigations, including reporting of near misses and how to interview.
OBJECTIVES: At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- How to meet regulatory requirements for incident investigations
- How and why to report near misses
- How to help a team gather data, especially interviewing of peers
- Overview of cause determination methods and overview of effective root cause determination methods
- How to develop appropriate recommendations to address root causes
- Safety and Health
- Operations and Maintenance Stuff
- Process quality control/assurance staff who may be team members.
- Managers who must ensure active participation on investigation and RCA processes
- How to meet regulator requirements for incident investigations.
- How and Why to report near miss.
- How to help a team gather data, especially interviewing of peers.
- Overview of cause determination methods and overview of effective root cause determination methods.
- How to develop appropriate recommendations to address root causes.
LIST OF TEACHING AIDS:
- White Board with accessories
- Flip Chart with accessories
LIST OF CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES:
- Case study exercise
- Group discussion
- Video presentation
- Practical training and demonstration
- Report writing
Maximum Participants – 10 Persons
Minimum Participants – 05 Persons
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Language Bangla & English
- Students 54
- Assessments Yes